My name is Gang Wu. I am a research scientist at Adobe Research. My research spans different machine learning fields including statistical modeling, optimization, deep learning, and generative modeling, with data science applications such as digital marketing, user behavior modeling, recommender systems, and computer vision applications such as image compression, video understanding, etc. Prior to joining Adobe, I worked on probabilistic methods for matrix completion during my PhD in Electrical & Computer Engineering Department at Iowa State University, advised by Prof. Ratnesh Kumar.
Business Address: 345 Park Ave, San Jose, CA 95110
I am continuously looking for outstanding and self-motivated PhD student for research internship positions. Please email me with your CV if interested.
- 11/2021, One paper on “decentralized SGD” accepted to AAAI-2022.
- 10/2021, Our ICCV paper on Personal Video Highlights is featured in an article from Synced/机器之心).
- 10/2021, Accepted reviewer invitation for Knowledge-Based Systems Journal (Impact Factor: 8.038).
- 09/2021, One patent on “human outfits synthesis” published.
- 08/2021, Accepted the PC member invitation for AAAI-2022, and reviewer invitation for Knowledge-Based Systems Journal (Impact Factor: 8.038).
- 08/2021, I gave a keynote talk on “digital marketing automation” in KDD-2021 workshop Machine Learning for Consumers and Markets.
- 08/2021, One paper on “higher-order ranking and link prediction” accepted to CIKM-2021.
- 07/2021, One paper on “video summarization” accepted to ICCV-2021.
- 07/2021, Accepted the PC member invitations for MMAsia-2021 and CVPR-2022.
- 06/2021, This summer I will mentor/co-mentor four wonderful PhD students: Yang Li (UNC), Uttaran Bhattacharya (UMD), Weixin Jiang and Aravind Talla (Northwestern Univ).
- 04/2021, my last summer intern Uttaran Bhattacharya received Adobe Research Fellowship for 2021.
- 04/2021, One patent application filed.
- 03/2021, One patent application filed.
- 03/2021, Accepted the reviewer invitation from Alexandria Engineering Journal (Impact Factor: 3.732)
- 02/2021, Accepted the reviewer invitation for ICCV-2021.
- 01/2021, I will serve as an industry mentor in Industry Mentorship Program of UMass Amherst during 2021 Spring.
- 12/2020, One paper on “distributed SGD” accepted to SDM-2021.
- 08/2020, Accepted the PC member invitation for AAAI-2021.
- 08/2020, One patent application filed.
- 07/2020, One patent application filed.
- 07/2020, Accepted the PC member invitations for CVPR-2021.
- 06/2021, This summer I will mentor/co-mentor two wonderful PhD students: Uttaran Bhattacharya (UMD), Gauri Jagatap (NYU).
- 05/2020, One patent application filed.
- 05/2020, One paper on “linear quadratic regulator” accepted to ICML-2020.